Combining a relevant education with critical on-the-job experience provides the makings for a successful career. In fact, apprenticeships are the pinnacle of work-based learning opportunities. That’s the formula that drives South Carolina’s Youth Apprenticeship program.
It truly gives South Carolina’s youth an opportunity to earn while they learn. This forward-focused program works to ensure a well-educated, well-trained workforce for South Carolina’s continued competitiveness in attracting and retaining business and industry.
- Create crucial recruitment pipelines
- Decrease costly turnover
- Influence, mold and shape potential future employees
- Qualify for a South Carolina tax credit for each apprentice
High school apprentices can:
- Bring in a paycheck while they learn
- Enhance their employability by obtaining critical sought-after work skills
- Strengthen their academic skills and in turn their academic success.
- High school completion is a requirement of the program